We are seeking an Accounts Assistant with strong numerical skills to manage Positive Group with the primary focus on Positive NL’s day to day financial operations and help improve overall performance.
An accounts assistant plays a crucial role in supporting the financial aspects of a business or organisation. Join our dynamic team where precision meets passion for numbers! As an integral part of our financial backbone, you'll be responsible all things finance related.
Your role will extend to collaborating with various departments, supporting staff and contributing to the overall financial health of our organisation. If you're ready to embark on a journey where your skills align with opportunity, we invite you to apply and be a key player in our success story!
Your responsibilities as an Accounts Assistant are:
- Invoice processing: prepare and process invoices, verify discrepancies, and resolve any billing issues.
- Credit card: analyse credit cards and post onto system, reconciling it with the total amount gone through the bank
- Payment processing: initiate and process payments to vendors, through electronic transfers
- Supplier maintenance: raise new vendors, correspond with vendors to address any discrepancies, obtain missing information, and resolve billing issues.
- Expenses: monitor and track expenses, ensuring they align with organisational policies.
- Raise and send out sales invoices to clients after they have been approved
- Debtor chasing: chase clients on when to expect payment and look into any queries raised
- Client maintenance: raise new customers on the system, deal with any queries
- Bank Reconciliation: reconcile bank statements regularly to ensure the consistency between the bank records and the company's financial records.
- Chase all staff timesheets on a weekly basis
- Client voucher fulfilment: Printing and posting vouchers, liaising with clients and managing any other queries
- Any other ad hoc duties
What you'll need
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Exceptional analytical and data manipulation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work closely with all departments, provide necessary information and have the confidence to challengethings
- Enthusiasm to be part of a growing company in a rapidly changing digital industry
- Attention to detail and accuracy in data entry.
- Strong organisational and time-management skills.
- Problem-solving abilities
- Be a team player
- Initiative to identify opportunities to drive process improvements