Digital Consultant/Solution Architect
We are seeking a Digital Consultant to join our BA team to provide additional bandwidth to help with the demand for our full-service digital solutions especially in the field of website design and build.
The candidate will act as a primary, working with clients and internal departments in helping to plan, document and consult on new web projects.
The Digital Consultantwill also assist the client team with presales activities including analysis and extension of client briefs, conceptualising initial solutions as well as cost estimation and proposal writing.
The Digital Consultant also serves as a gateway to our in-house development team as well as interfacing with client services, creative, project management, data analysts and senior management.
The successful candidate will be responsible for owning and managing multiple assignments simultaneously.
The Digital Consultant will primarily be involved with servicing briefs and requirements for design and build projects. These are usually website redevelopments (brownfield) but sometimes there are web developments for new companies/divisions or propositions. Web projects normally take between 3 and 9 months end to end from brief to delivery.
In addition to web development there may also be projects encompassing web/digital strategy development, email and marketing automation solutions and data projects such as development of data processes and data warehousing.
- Analysis of briefs
- Extending the brief and identifying additional information required (from the client/prospect) to complete this
- Undertaking or commissioning internal research to provide insights as necessary to inform potential solutions
- Tabling and discussing potential solutions with the account teams whilst considering the brief within the context of the complete marketing ecosystem to provide maximum benefit from the investment
- Client/prospect pitches and presentations
- Supporting the account team and project managers to shape a response in terms of scope, approach to delivery, benefits, timescales and costs
- Supporting the account team present or pitch the solution to the client or prospect
- Requirements Definition
- Ownership of the requirements definition phase
- Running and managing business and audience requirement meetings, interviews or workshops
- Translation of business objectives & needs into requirements to support the business’ digital strategy (or development of full or partial digital strategies for clients as necessary)Gathering and analysing business and audience requirements, focusing on customer experience whilst consulting with search, analytics, design and development teams, feeding recommendations into requirements accordingly
- Documenting and communicating business and audience requirements for client review and approval
- Solution Design
- Development of a solution which meets the defined requirements
- Ownership of the solution design phase
- Developing audience-centric user-experiences: user-journeys, IA & wireframes working with other team members especially the creative team
- Working with the creative team to design template and component visualisations
- Working with our technical teams and partners to find technological solutions where appropriate
- Successfully communicating the solution concept and rationale to all stakeholders
- Designing and specifying the solution in a detailed functional specification as well as any other necessary documentation. This may be in an agile or waterfall methodology.
- Project development
- As the solution owner the Digital Consultant will brief and support the project manager and delivery team, ensuring that project deliverables meet business requirements and specifications
- Positively influencing and impacting decisions to ensure the best client experience or impact to stakeholders and projectsParticipating fully as a member of the team and contributing to a positive work environment
Working with others in the organisation
The Digital Consultant provides support and is give support from other team members as follows: -
- New business team: Consultant provides support to the sales process
- Account managers: Consultant provides support to the account team who in term provide support to the Consultant
- Analysts: Consultant can request insights and data form analysts at any time
- Search team: Consultant will discuss solutions and gather requirements from our search team and confirm solutions with them to ensure alignment with other marketing activity or best practices.
- Creative team: Consultant will work with UX designers during the solution definition phase of a web development (or specification) project and ensure design and specifications align correctly
- Project managers: Consultant is part of the project team during delivery but this is usually a light touch once the initial briefing is complete.
- Developers: Consultant will discuss solutions with developers prior to finalising solutions. Consultant will be brief the developers pre-development and be available to answer questions and resolve solution design issues during the project
What we're looking for from you
- Digital agency background
- Significant experience in all aspects of digital marketing, especially website solution definition but a for understanding of channels including SEO, PPC, Display, Email and Social
- Excellent written and verbal English and technical authoring skills
- Familiarity with content management systems and development processes
- Previous experience of defining solutions for web development projects
- Experience of communicating a vision, details and concepts with C level marketing and IT executives
- Quick to understand a client’s business model, their economics and politics and the expectations of their customers
- The curiosity to find the root cause of the problem or opportunity by asking “why”
- Ability to communicate any risks associated with requirements and solutions
- The ability to express technical ideas and concepts to less technical audiences
- Excellent interpersonal skills in terms of managing both client and internal relationships
- Exposure to PHP and .NET CMS solutions. We use Kentico primarily for .NET and SilverStripe for PHP but Drupal/Acquia or experience with similar systems is of interest
- Exposure or familiarity with data and customer analytics systems
- Exposure or familiarity with marketing automation solutions and technologies including Marketo
- Exposure or familiarity with email marketing platforms
Key success factors
- Demonstrable ownership of projects and activities
- Thorough and swift understanding of client requirements
- Development of good client relationships
- Excellent relationships with all other agency teams & departments
- Detailed and complete website (and other solution) specifications (all questions answered) that successfully reflect business and audience requirement as well as respecting budgets and timescales