.Net Web Developer with Sitecore experience
Positive Technology who build award winning CMS driven websites, have an opening for a with Sitecore Web Developer sought to join dynamic team developing financial and corporate projects in a challenging environment.
Must have: 3yrs+ recent commercial Sitecore CMS in a Web Developer role (HTML5, CSS3, accessibility, performance, multi-platform support) within a ASP.NET (C#) environment.
Our projects involve well-known names in the financial and leisure sectors.
You will be responsible for creating robust, modern, responsive web applications. As part of the development team, you will work with the members of the design team, providing feedback and direction in order to optimize the overall development workflow. As well as work on the back-end development to integrate various parts of the application together.
Because of the variety of clients and business needs that we cater for, you will need to have good problem solving skills and willingness to learn new systems and platforms. For instance, various CMS and their front-end abstractions and mechanisms.
An important part of your role will include improving the modularity, reusability, readability, performance and cross-platform friendliness of the web applications you help build. Thus, we look for a driven individual who takes ownership of the projects they are involved with.
Essential Job Functions:
- Development of ASP.NET (C#) web applications from designs and functional specifications
- Development of front-end artefacts based on designs, functional specifications and industry standards and patterns
- Communicating with clients and third parties at a technical level
- 3+ years commercial experience Sitecore CMS experience preferable with agency background.
- 5+ years commercial experience of ASP.NET with C# and SQL Server
- Working knowledge of Git, SVN
- Knowledge of ASP.NET (WebForms and MVC 3+), ability to understand C#, working understanding of the ASP.NET as a web application framework
- Knowledge of modern front-end tools (Gulp/Grunt, npm, Bower, test runners, module loaders)
- Good knowledge of responsive, cross browser, multi-platform, mobile development practices
- Web accessibility standards and knowledge of W3C HTML validation standards
- Demonstrated application of web and coding best practices and standards to achieve fast secure web sites.
- Knowledge of creative design process and ability to convert design into highly usable Web applications.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and good technical writing abilities
Good to have:
- Experience in using FXM and XA
- Knowledge of test driven development.
- Experience of other CMS like Umbraco, Kentico and EPiServer