Senior PHP Developer
We are looking for a Senior PHP developer with experience of infrastructure and deployment methodologies to work on projects for two of the best known names in their sectors. At the core of the role we need a person who will seek to inspire clients old and new with creative solutions to their requirements and have a fastidious attention to detail in their work.
You will be part of a dynamic and vibrant development team which is professional and focused, but works in a relaxed and friendly environment.
- Development of PHP web sites from designs and functional specifications
- Configuration of web servers and deployment systems using Apache/Nginx/Scientific Linux, MySQL and continuous integration
- Drive the agency forward by leading the technology roadmap
- Communicating with internal team members, clients and third parties at a technical level
What we're looking for from you
- 5yrs+ commercial experience in object orientated PHP development with CMS experience preferably SilverStripe, although we do have WordPress and Drupal projects as well
- Knowledge of various frameworks such as Zend, Symfony, Code Ignitor, NodeJS, JQuery, Angular, Vagrant, Docker etc.
- Demonstrable experience of the application of web and coding best practices
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with good technical writing abilities
- Ability to convert designs from the creative team into highly usable web applications
- Aptitude to continuously develop your skills including the potential to cross-train into .Net development, ideally you would also have a computer sciences degree
- This is a client facing role as we maintain close working relationships between our development team and our clients